Tips to achieve optimal dictation recording quality
Listed below are a few suggestions to assist when recording your dictation.
- Environmental noise – such as that of air-conditioners, fans, radios, TVs, passing vehicle and people traffic – can impact on how well your voice input is heard.
- Increase voice projection in noisy environments to compensate for potential interference.
- Where possible switch off the TV , radio or any other sources of noise in your environment.
- Place your cell phone some distance from the recording device to minimise or avoid interference.
- Repeat phrases that you think may have been drowned out by a sudden noise.
- Spell out the names of unfamiliar places.
- Spell out people’s names, especially those that use unusual spelling.
- Spell out new or unfamiliar technical terms.